Check out our new post on how whey protein powder benefits and improves the growth of lean muscle mass and weight loss here!!
Also make sure you read whey protein side effects if you’re concerned about the health aspects of taking whey protein daily, check out organic whey protein if wanting to reduce those potential side effects.
Whey is a liquid by-product left over during the creating of dairy products, in particular cheese. Whey is primarily made up of protein, some fat, and minute amounts of other minerals. The liquid whey is skimmed of fat, processed for human consumption and dried to create whey protein powder.
Whey protein powder is one of the most nutritious and widely used supplements available today. It has an extremely high protein efficiency level, is quickly absorbed by the body foruse, and a very high source of glutamine, a power anti-oxidant. It is used today by most athletes, due to its terrific fitness related benefits. However many of these athletes are unaware of the whey protein benefits that are less well known.
- improve effect of exercise, by increasing rate of growth in muscle (lean tissue mass) and also strength
- can reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke
- can reduce the risk of some forms of cancer
- increases levels of anti oxidants in the body
- can help people lose weight
- tastes great (see protein powder reviews)
- natural and healthy part of any daily diet
- chock-full of essential amino acids
- helps with fat burning and keeping blood sugar levels stable
- can improve mood/reduce stress from amino acid tryptophan (which serotonin is derived from)
- optimize body ratio of muscle to fat
- contains calcium, which contributes to strong bones and inhibits fat storage
As you can see, whey protein is a healthy and delicious daily supplement that everyone should be using. It is safe to take, has minimal risk of any potential allergies, its delicious, and best of all, whey protein has numerous health benefits. There is absolutely no reason why a healthy protein shake should not be part of your daily routine. The benefits above are well established and researched, and additional benefits are being found on a consistent basis.
Check back soon as we break down each of these benefits into easy to understand articles, or if you’re already convinced of all the whey protein benefits that you’re missing out on, please check out our protein power reviews for some great reviews of the most popular protein powders available today.
You can return to the homepage of whey protein benefits here.
New post titles and summaries are posted below.
You can also browse over to view to
- Buy Whey Protein
- Read Protein Powder Reviews
- Read additional Whey Protein Benefits